Are You a Candidate for Facial Plastic Surgery?
By Dr. Fredric Newman on October 13, 2016
If you're unhappy with the appearance of deep facial lines and wrinkles, or you wish to improve the proportions of your features, facial plastic surgery may be right for you. Facial cosmetic surgery treatments diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles, create facial balance, and enhance the overall appearance. Dr. Fredric Newman offers a range of facial plastic surgery treatments to address the unique concerns of each patient and provide the most desirable results possible. During personal consultations, Dr. Newman determines which patients are suitable facial plastic surgery candidates. If you live in or around Darien, CT and Scarsdale, NY and would like to schedule your personal consultation, we invite you to contact Dr. Newman today.
Types of Facial Plastic Surgery
There are many different types of facial plastic surgery available, making it possible for Dr. Newman to tailor treatment to each patient's needs. Treatments are available to rejuvenate the appearance or sculpt the face to create a more balanced, attractive look. Some popular facial plastic surgery treatments include:
- Face lift: The full and mini facelift can help reverse the hands of time and rejuvenate the appearance by gently tightening the facial tissues. A full face lift addresses lines and creases that affect the jaw line, upper neck, and midface. A mini face lift focuses on the lower third of the face, improving the appearance of the jaw line.
- Brow and forehead lift: A brow and forehead lift can improve the appearance of drooping, furrowed brows, creating a more youthful, rested appearance.
- Neck lift: It's common for the neck tissues to sag as we age. Neck lift surgery is an effective treatment for removing loose skin and rejuvenating the appearance.
- Rhinoplasty: Issues with the shape or size of the nose can be corrected with rhinoplasty. Subtle changes to the nose can add balance to the face and enhance attractiveness.
- Eyelid surgery: Drooping, hanging eyelids can make the face look older and more tired and, in some cases, obstruct vision. Eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, can help address loose, heavy eyelid tissue to rejuvenate the appearance.
- Lip augmentation: Thin lips can be enhanced with lip augmentation. We can add volume to the lips with dermal fillers or fat transfer.
- Facial implants: Facial implants such as cheek and chin implants can create definition and symmetry.
Ideal Candidates for Facial Plastic Surgery
Many people who are dissatisfied with their facial appearance, whether due to obvious signs of aging, drooping skin, or disproportioned features, make suitable candidates for one or more of the above facial plastic surgery treatments. Although the specific candidacy requirements will vary between each treatment, in general, candidates for facial plastic surgery include those who:
- Are in good general health
- Do not suffer from serious health problems, like uncontrolled diabetes, heart disease, or high blood pressure
- Are non-smokers or willing to quit smoking prior to surgery and throughout recovery
- Have reasonable and realistic expectations of what surgery can achieve
- Understand the risks and potential side effects of the chosen procedure or procedures
Is Facial Plastic Surgery Right for You?
There are many facial plastic surgery treatments available to address the unique needs of each patient. To find out if facial plastic surgery is right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Newman.
Related to This
“Dr. Newman listened but he also educated me. In addition to his results, it really came down to the confidence that he instilled in me.” - Kim, Actual Patient