Patient Safety Protocols
Your health and well-being are our highest concern. Our team is working around the clock to ensure a clean environment for patients.
Whether you're visiting us for a consultation or a procedure, we're practicing clean habits to help you feel comfortable.
What specific changes has Dr. Newman implemented at the practice?
Dr. Newman's Patient Safety Protocols Patient and Staff Well-Being is our Primary Concern
Face mask or scarf required while in the office.
Every patients temperature will be checked after they are put in the room and we ask if they are having any symptoms. This is documented in the patients chart.
Asking patients to please not come if they are in any way symptomatic or think they've been exposed.
If patients are running late, they must reschedule. No late patients will be seen as it will affect the flow of minimizing patients in the office. No exceptions.
User the stairs, if possible. For patients who were unable to use the stairs the elevator will be available. For our patients will ask that they use the stairs from the lobby to come up to the office. For leaving the building they will use the stairs and head directly to the parking lot.
Only one family member to accompany each patient, please come to appointment alone if possible.
Staff and Team Protocols Patient Safety is our Primary Goal
- One Doctor seeing patients at a time, schedule will be coming.
- Each morning check and document for each staff temperature and symptoms (e.g. cough) This should be kept in a spreadsheet in Teams so anyone can use it.
- Patients (and family member) go directly into exam room, no sitting in the waiting room.
- Wipe down each room after each patient.
- Use staircase according to signs, one way up, one way down. Employees do not use the elevator.
- We will have an N95 mask fitting and in-service for each employee and document this
- We will have an additional consent form for surgical patients about having surgery during the pandemic.