Assessing Rhinoplasty Candidates and Potential Results
Dr. Fredric Newman is an expert in rhinoplasty, having helped countless patients achieve their ideal noses by addressing their aesthetic concerns. His advanced training and extensive experience make him the plastic surgeon of choice for patients in need of ethnic rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty, two highly specialized areas of practice that require particular skill and artistry. Whatever your needs and goals as a rhinoplasty patient, you can rely on Dr. Newman to provide you with the results you desire.
Patients travel for miles to avail themselves of Dr. Newman’s rhinoplasty services for many reasons, one of which is his high patient satisfaction rate. He is able to maintain this rate through a combination of his exceptional surgical skills, his keen eye for aesthetics, and his meticulous patient screening process. While rhinoplasty is a popular procedure, not everyone who wishes to undergo treatment will be a suitable candidate. By carefully assessing rhinoplasty candidates and potential results at his Darien, CT plastic surgery practice, Dr. Newman is able to ensure that each patient will be able to achieve the best possible results. This screening process is essential to making certain that all patients are satisfied with their noses and their overall experience.
Are you a good candidate for rhinoplasty? We invite you to find out by scheduling your initial consultation with Dr. Fredric Newman today.
Candidates for Rhinoplasty
Some people undergo rhinoplasty for the correction of congenital abnormalities or breathing difficulties. However, patients who elect to undergo rhinoplasty for aesthetic reasons are usually unhappy with the appearance of their nose for some reason. They often turn to Dr. Newman for rhinoplasty because they feel their nose is:
- Disproportionate in size: They might feel their nose is too large or too small compared to the other features of their face.
- Not quite the right shape: Perhaps they feel their nose is too wide or asymmetrical, they don’t like the shape of their nostrils, or they’re displeased by the presence of a bump or hump.
- Has been disfigured: Many patients wish to correct the appearance of their nose after an injury or other trauma.
Rhinoplasty can be performed to address any of these issues. However, for patients to be considered suitable candidates for rhinoplasty, they must also:
- Be in good enough health to undergo surgery: Rhinoplasty is a major surgical procedure; therefore, patients must be in sufficient health to undergo invasive surgery while under either general anesthesia or IV sedation.
- Understand the risks of surgery: Dr. Newman informs patients of and makes sure that they fully understand and accept the risks of rhinoplasty before they are allowed to proceed with surgery.
- Have fully grown noses: Rhinoplasty is one of the rare plastic surgery procedures that can be performed on minors; however, their noses must be fully grown before they can be allowed to undergo surgery. Dr. Newman will perform a full assessment to ensure that full growth has taken place before permitting a teen to undergo rhinoplasty.
- Be willing to follow all post-surgical instructions precisely: To achieve the best possible results and ensure proper healing, patients must follow all post-operative instructions provided to them by Dr. Newman. This includes not smoking or drinking alcohol during the recovery period.
- Have reasonable expectations: Patients must have reasonable, realistic expectations of what can be achieved through rhinoplasty before they are allowed to proceed with the procedure. A newly shaped nose may improve one’s self-image and self-confidence, but it is not the answer to all life’s problems.
Find Out Whether You Are a Suitable Candidate for Rhinoplasty
To find out whether you are a suitable candidate for rhinoplasty, please contact our plastic surgery practice today.