The Most Popular Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Deep lines and wrinkles, drooping skin, or ill proportioned features can leave many patients feeling insecure about their appearance. Facial cosmetic surgery procedures can address the unique needs of each patient, including smoothing lines, lifting loose skin, or enhancing the features, to rejuvenate the appearance and create facial symmetry. During patient consultations, Dr. Fredric Newman works with patients to determine which treatments can achieve their desired results. To learn more about popular facial plastic surgery procedures, contact Dr. Newman's Darien, CT practice to schedule your personal consultation.
What Issues Can Facial Plastic Surgery Improve?
Facial plastic surgery can improve a wide variety of issues ranging from wrinkles to asymmetric features. Facial plastic surgery may be able to help those who wish to address such issues as:
- Moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles
- Sagging neck tissue or jowls
- Drooping eyelids
- Crooked nose
- Issues with the size of nose
- Undefined chin or cheeks
Popular Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Facial plastic surgery procedures make it possible for those who wish to improve their appearance achieve the look the desire. There are a wide variety of treatments available to address each patient's unique needs and many treatments may be combined for enhanced results. Some of the most popular facial plastic surgery procedures include:
- Face lift: The face lift procedure can smooth lines and tighten loose skin for a rejuvenated appearance. There are different face lift techniques, which allow customization for each patient's needs. For those wishing to improve the lower third of the face, including the jaw line, a mini facelift may be the best option. Those who wish to improve the appearance of the brow, mid-face, jaw line, and upper neck may benefit from a full facelift.
- Neck lift: Neck lift surgery can address loose, hanging skin from the neck, often called a “turkey wattle.”
- Brow and forehead lift: Deep lines within the forehead, furrowed brows, and a drooping brow line can make the expression look tired and angry. A brow and forehead lift can help smooth lines and tighten the tissues for a rejuvenated appearance.
- Eyelid surgery: The eyelids may begin to droop with age, contributing to an aging appearance and obstructing vision. Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, may be used to lift drooping, sagging eyelids, helping to clear vision and create a rested, more youthful appearance.
- Rhinoplasty: Those who are unhappy with the shape, size, or alignment of the nose may benefit from rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty surgery can improve the appearance of the nose and enhance facial balance and symmetry.
- Facial implants: An undefined chin or cheeks can cause the face to look unbalanced and may leave patients feeling insecure about their appearance. Facial implants can add definition to the cheeks and chin, enhance attractiveness, and create more balance among the features.
- Lip augmentation: Those who are unhappy with the appearance of thin lips often turn to lip augmentation. Lip augmentation can help enhance the fullness of the lips using dermal fillers or fat transfer.
Which Treatments Are Right for You?
To find out which treatments are right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Newman.