What are the Risks and Benefits of Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular surgical cosmetic enhancement procedures available. This treatment can alter the size, shape, and symmetry of your nose, improving harmony among facial features. Nose surgery can also correct common nasal problems such as a deviated septum or issues with the turbinates (structures that add moisture and warmth to the air flowing through nasal passages). Rhinoplasty offers many benefits; however, like all surgical procedures, there are also some risks that youll need to be aware of while considering the procedure.
Dr. Fredric Newman has performed countless rhinoplasty procedures and is highly experienced with this advanced treatment. He has seen firsthand the way rhinoplasty can beautifully rejuvenate ones appearance and resolve problems he or she may have had throughout their entire lives. Some of the benefits of rhinoplasty include:
- Reduction in the size of a large/wide nose, hump, or bridge
- Reduction or reshaping of the nostrils
- Reduction or reshaping of the nasal tip
- Correction of nasal asymmetry
- Functional correction of breathing problems
- Improvement of balance between the nose and other facial features
- A positive effect on the overall appearance of the face
Take a look at our rhinoplasty photo gallery to view the results of nose surgery for many of our patients.
In addition to the many advantages afforded by rhinoplasty, its also important to know the risks. Some of the potential complications and side effects from rhinoplasty include:
- Pain or numbness in the nasal area
- Complications with anesthesia
- Septal perforation
- Noticeable scarring
- Improper healing
- Dissatisfaction with the overall results
- Complications that may require a revision rhinoplasty (also known as secondary rhinoplasty)
Dr. Newman prides himself on thorough and honest communication with his patients. During your initial consultation, Dr. Newman will go over all of the risks and benefits associated with rhinoplasty and explain what you can expect throughout the treatment and recovery process. He will perform a comprehensive evaluation and answer any questions you may have. If you are a candidate for rhinoplasty, Dr. Newman will create a customized treatment plan designed to meet your unique needs and goals.
Contact Dr. Fredric Newman
For more information on rhinoplasty, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon, please contact Dr. Fredric Newman today.